Antz

Sunday, April 27, 2008

Ok, this two incidents have been bothering me for quite sum time, so i figured im gonna blog it all out and get over with it.

First, its the DT job thingy. AK emailed everyone asking who was interested in the DT job and asked those who are interested to send in their resume. So, ok, i send in mine. After exams, the school started selecting and calling those selected candidates. Sad to say, i wasn't selected. I mean, it's alrite for me coz it's the lecturers the ones who does the selection, so they have the rite to choose who they wan to hire. This i have no comments. One of my close friend actually blog abt it in her blog abt she not being selected and stuff like that. AK actually commented on her blog explaining tat she didn't get the job becoz her gpa is not gd enuf (his meaning of gd is 3.2, according to wat he wrote in my friend's blog.)

Then there's this friend of mine from another class who after her fyp was over, messaged me and asked me who to submit her resume to for the DT job. So i told her AK. Then a few days later i got a message from her saying that the school called her for interview. At that point of time, i felt abit hurt and upfair. Ok, this person has a gpa of 2.5 and she for a call, that other friend oso had the same gpa as her, yet she didn't a single call, the same goes for me who has a gpa of 3.2. I mean, im not jealous that she got selected or anything, i jus felt abit unfair tats all. It was AK the one who said that the minimum gpa was 3.2, yet y izzit this person who only has a gpa of 2.5 got the call, but not my friend who has the same gpa as her or me? But then cum to tink of it, i dun nid nyp to call me, i can find a job of my own based on my own ability and capability, who knows, mayb i might get a job better then the one in nyp.

Then there's this second incident. This one involves my classmate, who is super kiasu. Y do i say that? Met him one afternoon in school to pass him the rest of my classmates' testimonials as we both wanted to get out transscript chopped and initialed. When he saw my results, he was like wa so many As, whereas for him, he had alot of B+s. He wasn't really happy coz he had alot of B+. His gpa: 3.257. My gpa: 3.253. So i said: ur gpa is higher then me. Guess wat was his reply? Aiya, come on la, its only 0.004? Im like ok, fine. 0.004?! Do u know that even a mere 0.004 makes alot of difference?! Not even 0.004, 0.001 oso makes a difference. So wat if i have a lot of As, i earned the As with my own sweat, blood and hard work. U want tat kind of results, u jolly well go work hard for it. Then he was telling me how thick his supporting documents was; if his grades are not good enuf to earn him a place in uni, he hopes his supporting documents will help him to earn a place, blah blah blah. I was like rolling my eyes. I didn not even send all these supporting documents, all i send was jus my transcript and Sec school CCA records tats all. Ok, to say sth very crude. If the uni does not accept u, no amount of supporting documents nor appeal letter is gonna help u anyway. Wat is meant to be yours will be yours. Wat is not meant to be yours, no matter how much u try to fight for it, it will still not be yours. Get it?

So the conclusion for these two inceidents: I believe in myself.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home