Antz

Friday, April 27, 2007

Its been quite some time since i've last updated. Haha...didn't really go online this whole week. Received a call from ayesha on thusday afternoon. SHE HAS GOT HER BIKE LICENSE!!!! :) congratulations, im so happy for her! She really deserves it, having gone through so much in order to earn this lisence. Yeah yeah, finally, hip hip hurray! Rock on ayesha darling =)

Hmm...this week has been a so so one. Dr Moe came back on tuesday. Haiz...all the stress starts coming in. He asked for a progress report by 4pm the next day. Min Min, hui hua and i expected alot of comments and expectations from him. Turns out we were rite. The first person that he called upon to see her progress was hui hua. He commented so much on her progress, could hear from his tone that he wasn't happy with her. He even asked her to do a powerpoint presentation on her error analysis. Wa...spent around 45 minutes toking to her. Next was min min's turn. For her it went quite ok. But, as usual, he still expected alot from her for the next 2 weeks. Lastly, it was my turn. Previously, he asked to see 20-30 PCR product bands on my next progress report. Ok, i had that. Then i told him i did RFLP on the samples that had bands and showed him my log book. To carry out RFLP, we hav to add 15ul of the PCR product, 2ul of NE Buffer 4, 1ul of NgOMIV and 2 ul of dH2O and run it for 37o celsius for 22 hours. When running the gel for the RFLP product, im suppose to load 20ul of RFLP product mixed with 4ul of 6x loading dye. 10ul of PCR product mixed with 2ul of 6x loading dye before each RFLP product. This was according to wat was written in the previous senior's report. So i jus followed.

And so when i showed him my log book, he said that i am suppose to hav a positive and negative control. So he told me to look through previous people's report, get the sample with the C/C band, and optimise the conditions from there and include this sample on my gel. Since i already used up 35 ul of my samples, i jus do RFLP on the remaining 15ul of PCR product and load into the gel without the PCR product, but including the positive and negative control. Actually, previously he already told me to look through previous people's report, get the sample with the C/C band, and optimise the conditions from there include this sample on my gel. But, when i looked through my senior's report and her log book, she didn't do that. So i thought that it was ok not to include that step. But when he looked through my log book and saw that i did not include that step, he told me that i had to include that step. Ok, fine. I was thinking to myself, why do i have to do that when my senior didn;t?

Next morning, which was thursday, i really had no mood to go in. To add on to that, it was raining heavily and i was feeling very cold. And, my menses had to come on that day. Wa...my cramps were really horrible that morning, and because it was so cold in the office, the cramps got worse. I was really mood out that day.

Hmm...anyway, april is ending soon, yeah, now on to May. Hurray! Looking forward to tuesday, movie outing :)

17 more weeks of attachment...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home