Antz

Tuesday, May 08, 2007

Another week has past. Haha...something very funny happened on thursday. Previously, there was a renovation going on in the lab and we all had to dismantle our computer. Then on monday, when the renovation was over, we had to fixed our computer back. My mouse was spoiled and so i took someone's esle mouse and threw my spoiled mouse away. Then on thursday, my supervisor called the IBM ppl to bring a new mouse over. When the IBM ppl came, they asked for the spoiled mouse. I told them i threw it away. Then they said that they cannot give us a new mouse unless we give them the spoiled mouse coz they need proof that the mouse is really spoil before providing us with a new mouse. So my supervisor called someone from another lab to bring an old mouse. My supervisor then told me tat im not suppose to throw away the mouse as it is government property and government property cannot be thrown. Ok, guess it was a lesson learnt for me.

Spent the whole of saturday at home, listening to music on my computer. It feels so nice to be relaxing on a windy saturday. Stayed up on sat nite, watching harry potter till 2.30am in the morning. Boy, i love the goblet of fire soundtrack. Anyone who has the soundtrack can send me?

Then on sunday, i went out with my primary sch friend angelina to vivocity. Went to eat superdog for lunch. Ate the chicken ripper tis time. Haha...should hav asked for utensils coz everything starts falling when i started eating. We then chatted. Turns out she is working currently at land transport authority while waiting for her application results to NUS. Haha...and she is being dragged out every week by her friends to hear then complain about their boyfriends. She asked if i hav a boyfriend, sad to say, nope i dun hav :) Tat whole day we were looking at accessories. Haiz...but then they are all so expensive. And i saw the cable cars again, gosh, makes me so tempted to spend $10.90 jus to ride on it. We went to this pet shop at level three. The dogs and hamsters are so cute! Dinner was good. Ate at shin kushiya, a japanese restaurant. The food is quite nice and the price is affordable too. A soba and two sticks of grilled skewers and a cup of green tea plus GST and service charge only costs $ 14.90. Quite ok rite.

Back to work again on monday. Wa...sian, monday blues. A new attachment student from NTU came in. She will be here for 10 weeks, which means her attachment will end in mid july. Hmm...did 2 RFLP tat day.

Today, tuesday was a busy day. Did PCR in the morning and ran a gel for RFLP. Went for lunch at 12.30. Came back at 1.30. Ran 2 gels for RFLP. Receive a call from my liarson officer Miss Cherine Tan, saying she is at block 6. I then went to look for her and haha...we both ended up getting lost. In the end, she asked for directions and learned that it was at block 1,2,3. So i walked back to my block to meet her. Thank goodness, we finally met each other. She and i then went to meet dr moe. Haha...the whole time they were talking about collaboration between NYP and NHC, blah blah blah and their past projects, wat projects the lecturers at NYP are currently working on, blah blah blah. Occasionally, they talked about my project. After that, dr moe then showed her around the lab. After the lab tour, we went to the staff lounge to hav a heart to heart talk. We talk about my project, my progression, and she asked some questions as well to test my understanding. Overall, it was a good talk. She told me the possible questions that the lecturers will ask, the things to read up on, how to improve on my presentation. Hopefully, i will be able to apply it to my presentation and project. Went back to the lab to look at my gel after the talk and then went home after that. Wat a busy day.

Haiz....got to show dr moe progress report tml.

K la...wanna go zzz liao. Blog another time. Cya folks. Nite!

16 more weeks of attachement. Jiayou le.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home