Antz

Sunday, May 13, 2007

Super dooper hyper major tired this week. On monday, another attachment student, catherine from NTU came. She will only be here for 10 weeks, which means until mid july. First two days for her was very relax and boring as she had nothing except reading scientific papers. Then on tuesday, dr moe told me to bring her along the next time im doin my PCR. And showed i showed her how to do PCR, how to load gel, RFLP, etc. Then on thursday, dr moe told hui hua to give her the PCR reagents as he wanted her to practice on it.

My taq polymerase is running out. The company doesn't make anymore of the taq which im currently. So hui hua ordered the taq from another company. As this is a new reagent, i have to optimise my PCR conditions again. Haiz...this is gonna take another three weeks plus. Gosh. So now im trying to make my taq last as long as possible. Im left with 126 control samples and 21 stroke samples, and each sample i only use 0.5ul of taq, so i think it should be able to last me till half of my control samples. In the meantime, i will try optimising the conditions for the new taq.

This week was really the ultimate. I did damn alot of RFLP and ran damn alot of gels. Hmm...its so sad to hear that dr moe wanted to terminate hui hua's contract (she is on one year contract).. She told us that dr moe is giving her two months to complete certain targets, if she cannot complete it, then dr moe will terminate her contract. So sad rite. Hiaz...and min min is leavin as well either at the end of this month or the next month to australia-new south wales to work. Catherine is leaving in mid july, which leaves me, the last one to leave on the august 24.

Was suppose to go out with carine today, but then she fell sick. I hope she gets well soon :)

Haha...downloaded alot of songs recently from multiply. Haiz...but i cannot upload them onto my website, it keeps telling me error. There is something terribly wrong with blogger. My blogging page has been distorted for more then a week already. Sian half.....

Cannot wait for lin jun jie's new album to come out. OMG, i keep hearing his new songs on the radio. And his duet song with jin sha: Fa Xian Ai is super nice! Go listen, i strongly recommend this song. Its damn nice. Gosh, i cannot wait for his new album to come out.

Kk...gtg. Blog another time. Cya folks :)

15 weeks of attachment...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home